Saturday, October 06, 2007

Right Way to Start Your Day!

As I made my way out of Krakow, I noticed these two signs in the windows or awnings of little shops. The first sported the business sign for “The Carpe Diem Club”, and I remarked to myself that such was a well-received cheer as I embarked upon the next stage of the journey, and felt indeed that I was having an adventure and intended to “sieze the day”, just as the sign recommended. I was further encouraged by some graffiti beneath an Addidas store’s window sign that read “Impossible is nothing” (pictured here). American phraseology converted in other languages is usually very interesting. I remember recently being in India and seeing a hand-crafted bumper sticker with a Nike “swoosh” on it that read “Do what is!” underneath. But humorously, whether it’s the turn of “nothing is impossible” or “just do it!”, the rearrangement of the words into the crafted phrases has its own unintended (but, as in the case of “impossible is nothing” for me) poignancy. How much better off would I be if consistently remember that even the “Impossible” is “nothing”, and to be deterred by nothing as I try to live my life?

No comments: