Monday, October 08, 2007

Closer to Goal... 3 Hours in Zilnia

I arrived in Zilnia just after 2 a.m. and went to the ticket counter to see if I could buy a ticket to Novo Mesto nad Vahom from there. The desk clerk was a pleasant lady who spoke Russian, so we were able to understand each other well enough for me to articulate what I wanted, and so within about 15 minutes, I had a ticket to Novo Mesto that would depart at 5:53 a.m., thus giving me just around 3 hours to see what there was to be seen or do. Unfortunately, I had drained my laptop pretty quickly on the train (blogging takes time, and I usually draft the posts beforehand in order to have them ready when I get access to an Internet CafĂ©), and was too tired to read much, so I just picked a bench and decided to wait it out. It wasn’t a bad wait except for the fact that train stations here (just like in the US) are crashing places for people who are too drunk to walk home, and a heavily drunken elderly man in a bench not too far away kept yelling and talking in his sleep. Alas. As a result, I was happy for 5:53 to roll around, and groggily boarded the train to Novo Mesto.

No comments: