Saturday, October 13, 2007

On My Way… Again…

I jumped on a bus (red bus #7, actually) at just a little after 4 pm and headed for Budapest Keleti (one of the local train stations). It took me considerably less time to get there than I thought it would, so I had about an hour to spare. Keleti is an interesting place as you her all sorts of accents, languages, and cultures buzzing around your head. Budapest really is a “gateway city”, so there were people there from southern regions like Azerbaijan (I recognized them and their language from my time in Russia), Turkey, and then every conceivable language in Europe. Even saw or heard some American, Aussies and Brits along the way too.

Finally jumped on my train to Brasov at just a little before 6 pm, and happily found my little 6 bed “sleeper” compartment, already complete with at least one other person inside.

No comments: