Saturday, October 13, 2007

On My Way to Budapest...

Took the evening train to Budapest via Bratislava and thought it would be an overnight gig. When, instead, it was only going to take 5 hours (2 hours to Bratislava and 2 to Budapest, with about an hour in between as “lay over”), I called our Bible League contact and friend Bernat (“Ben”) and asked if it would be possible to tell me how to get to wherever we would be doing the training from the train station as I would be getting in earlier than I anticipated. Even though it was relatively late in the evening, Ben insisted that he come pick me up, and that from there, we would go to “The Griff”, where Ron and I would both be staying during the duration of our stay. As I had about an hour in Bratislava, I looked around a bit, but didn’t stray too far from the station. One thing to note… I sure will be glad to be back in a land where public bathrooms are free. In most European countries, you have to pay to use the facilities. It’s not a ton, mind you, but if you really have to pee, there’s nothing worse than fumbling around in your pocket for change to pay the nice lady at the counter at the outside of the bathroom.

No comments: