Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hotel Javorina...

This is Nemseve (“Nem-Seh-Vay” - I think I got that right)! She and her brother own the hotel in which I stayed while in Novo Mesto nad Vahom, and she stopped for a moment when I checked out to tell me their story. Apparently, their father built the hotel some 50 years ago, but sold it to a new proprietor. After he passed away, Nemseve and her brother decided to try to get it back, and now, after 20 years, have finally acquired and paid it off. They now proudly own and operate the little hotel, and it sits right next to the little train/bus station in Novo Mesto. It was also cheap (a little less than $30/night for a room with two beds), clean, and well maintained. Also has a little restaurant in the basement, though I preferred the “Pizzeria” about a quarter of a mile away, as my next post will describe. Anyway, believe it or not, Novo Mesto is actually a pretty “happinin’” place, and it was a good thing that I got the room when I did as the other local hotels had already filled up and there was quite a bit of action at the Javorina as well.

No comments: